When it comes to cannabis, whether for medical or recreational purposes, the products you offer consumers must be of the highest quality and potency. You need to measure the amount of THC, CBD and other cannabinoids in the product to ensure that it complies with state and local regulations. A way to do this is by working with a reputable cannabis testing lab.
What Do Testing Labs Measure in Cannabis Products?
While not all states have legalized the sales of recreational cannabis, California has, and this has created a whole new industry. To get your products on store shelves, you need to have them tested at a state-licensed cannabis testing lab like this cannabis testing labs California. They will test for:
- The potency of THC. Tetrahydrocannabinol is the main psychoactive component in cannabis. All cannabis products sold in California must be tested for their THC content. According to the California Department of Cannabis Control, the legal limit for THC in cannabis products is 10% or milligrams per serving.
- CBD potency. Cannabidiol (CBD) is the second most common cannabinoid in cannabis, and it has been shown to have medicinal benefits. Products that contain CBD must also be tested for potency levels.
- Pesticide residues. High levels of pesticides in cannabis plants can be transferred to the final product. To ensure consumer safety, all marijuana products must be tested for the presence of pesticides. These include insecticides, herbicides, acaricides, fungicides, etc. Click https://belcostalabs.com/services/pesticide-testing/ to know more.
- Residual solvents. Cannabis extractions are often done using solvents like butane or propane. If these solvents are not completely removed from the final product, they can harm consumers.
- Terpene Testing. Marijuana has more than 100 terpenes, which are aromatic compounds that contribute to the smell and taste of the plant. They can also have significant physiological effects. Testing for terpene content can help breeders develop strains with specific flavors and aromas and tailor the effect of cannabis products for specific medical conditions.
Is It Expensive to Have Cannabis Products Tested?
The cost of testing will depend on the size of your batch and the number of tests that need to be done. However, it is generally not expensive, and the benefits of having your products tested far outweigh the cost. Not only can you ensure the quality and potency of your products, but you can also develop a relationship with a reputable testing lab that can help you ensure compliance with all state and local regulations.
Are There Testing Labs in Every State?
There are testing labs in every state that has legalized cannabis. However, not all of these labs are created equal. You want to ensure that you work with a lab accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). This will ensure that the lab uses proper testing procedures and accurate results.
If you sell cannabis products, you must have them tested at a reputable lab. This will ensure that your products are of the highest quality and potency and comply with all state and local regulations. Testing labs can also help you develop strains with specific flavors and aromas and tailor the effect of cannabis products for specific medical conditions.